Monday, July 15, 2013

Living For Now!

Have you ever had a bad day? You know the kind I'm talking about, the kind that tend to keep going for days, a week, or longer. Why do we let one little thing get us down for so long? I had a bad day Fri-sat-sunday, all over a small incident I can't even remember today.

This makes me wonder why it was so important to hang onto through the weekend. Why did I let precious time with my loved ones slip away? Just so I could feel bad about something that is not even important enough to remember on Monday morning.

So I ask myself what do I want to feel right now? How do I want my life to be today? Do I want to be sad, or do I want to turn the page and live for now, live for today, for this afternoon, for this hour, for this minute, for this very second? I want to

Live For Now!

I want to enjoy the laughter of my children, the sun on my face, the nice warm summer breeze. I even want to enjoy the privilege of being the only thing that can help my teething baby feel better, even if that means the dishes don't get done, or the laundry doesn't get folded.

I have a terrific life and I am so grateful for every heartache, every smile, every laugh, every second. I wouldn't trade anything for the life I get to live today.

Tomorrow I will live for tomorrow and yesterday has already been lived. So, for today I will live for now.

I think I will go hold my baby under a shade tree as I watch my other children play. What will you do to live for now?

Have a bright day,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment