Sunday, July 14, 2013

What is right?

As a mother of four I often find myself feeling tired and I'll admit frustrated, maybe even angry. At these times in my day I am met with that daunting... "What's wrong?" Now in the heat of the moment I may have a million answers for this question, and you may very well know this feeling, as I'm sure we all have had moments like these.

Today I had one such moment. My husband asked me, "What's wrong?" as he often does, but today in the midst of my breakdown he answered it for me with one simple word, "Nothing." Then he went on to ask me something else, a much more empowering and motivating question. He simply asked... "What's right?"

He went on to answer this question for me as well. Again with one simple word, "Everything." And he was right.

Everything IS right.

Even when things aren't quite going the way we would like in our lives, everything is always right. We are all exactly where we are supposed to be, and all is right in our world. We have all had struggles, and problems that the rest of the world may never understand, but it has made each and every one of us into the strong person we are today.

So the next time you feel down, or frustrated, or angry, or sad, instead of pondering the question, "What's wrong?" Seriously consider this new question...
"What is right?"

Have a bright day,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment